The great outdoors can be even greater if you look close enough. Through the month of May, join The Tyler Loop’s A to Z Photography Challenge featuring unintended designs by humans and nature. We hope you join us in our search for objects, animals or plants that contain an element that can easily be recognized as a letter of the alphabet, as the V made by goat horns, photographed here.
- Photographs should be in focus and the letter easily recognized.
- Avoid human made signs or letters.
- Limit your search to public places unless you have permission to go onto private property.
- Staged and internet photos will not be accepted.
- Get as close as you can to the object you are photographing and fill the frame with the image.
- Send a digital copy of your photograph(s) as an attachment to [email protected] as a jpg with a minimum 100 dpi. Photographs sent to The Tyler Loop through Instagram and Facebook are allowed.
- Loop staff members will select the best photo of each letter and publish the entire alphabet selection on our webpage, giving each selected photographer credit.
- Authors of winning photographs will receive two free tickets to our upcoming show, Real Stories, Real Funny, featuring storytelling and stand up comedy.
Love what you're seeing in our posts? Help power our local, nonprofit journalism platform — from in-depth reads, to freelance training, to COVID Stories videos, to intimate portraits of East Texans through storytelling.
Our readers have told us they want to better understand this place we all call home, from Tyler's north-south divide to our city's changing demographics. What systemic issues need attention? What are are greatest concerns and hopes? What matters most to Tylerites and East Texans?
Help us create more informed, more connected, more engaged Tyler. Help us continue providing no paywall, free access posts. Become a member today. Your $15/month contribution drives our work.